Professional Master’s in Occupational Safety and Health (PMOSH) - Online
Take your career to the next level. With a Professional Master’s in Occupational Safety and Health (PMOSH), you will set yourself up for long-term success.
During the course of the two-year program, you will use real-world scenarios to better equip you to manage complex safety and health programs at your organization, including identifying risks, deploying action plans, and measuring and improving performance.
Our hybrid format (online and three campus visits) allows you to blend working face-to-face with industry experts and peers with the convenience of learning online so you can continue to pursue your degree while working full-time and keeping the safety of your team at the forefront.
The Professional Master’s in Occupational Safety and Health (Online) program is a Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) Qualified Academic Program (QAP) designation from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. The QAP designation allows graduates to apply for the Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) designation with the BCSP. This designation eliminates the need to sit for the Associate Safety Professional (ASP) exam in pursuit of the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation.
The program consists of ten courses, totaling 30 credit hours. These courses will cover fundamentals and standards of occupational safety and health, technologies, communication skills, and business aspects:
- Fundamentals of Occupational Safety and Health Program Management
- Industrial Hygiene Principles and Health Hazards
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Occupational Safety and Health Principles
- Advanced Safety Principles
- Applied Ergonomics
- Culture Leadership Influences on Safety and Health
- Current issues on Occupational Safety and Health
- Economic Analysis, Risk Management, Risk Financing, and Insurance for Safety Professionals
- Occupational Safety and Health Capstone
The program culminates with a 12-week team-based capstone project that requires you work within a team and use your new skills and knowledge to address a real-world need. If you would like to be notified of upcoming information sessions, please click here to sign-up.