Vicki Hanrahan Ainslie
Senior Research Scientist
Electronic Systems Laboratory
Human Systems Integration Division
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0837
- 404-407-6988 (office)
B.S., Biology, University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, 1982
Georgia Institute of Technology
- Senior Research Scientist, 1996-Present
- Environmental Health Scientist (Research Scientist II), 1991-1996
- Environmental Health Scientist (Research Scientist I), 1987-1991
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Clinical Campus Practice Plan
- Research Assistant, Hemostasis Research Laboratory, 1985-1986
- Electron Microscopy Consultant 1986
St. Luke's Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Electron Microscopist, 1982-1985
- Conduct assessments for personal protective equipment, including respiratory protection
- Review written compliance programs for lead and asbestos exposure
- Conduct exposure assessments for lead and asbestos exposure
- Conduct laboratory analysis
- Collect wipe samples for lead contamination
- Evaluate hazards on construction projects
- Assist clients in interpreting and applying a variety of OSHA and EPA regulations related to lead, asbestos, respiratory protection, PPE, and hazard communication
- Conduct site assessments for environmental, health and safety hazards
- Give presentations on variety of industrial hygiene topics
- Develop curricula addressing lead and asbestos inspections and control, radiation safety, respiratory protection, and hazard communication.
- Review and edit technical documents.
- Ainslie, V.H. and M.I. Turner, et.al. (2000) The Revised EPA Model Lead Inspector Curriculum: Inspecting For Lead-Based Paint, U.S. EPA, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, May 2000.
- Lane, Eliesh OÕNeil, V.H. Ainslie, and Myrtle I. Turner (1998) The Revised Epa Model Lead Worker Curriculum, US EPA, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, June 1998.
- Ainslie, V.H., Eliesh OÕNeil Lane, and Myrtle I. Turner (1998) The Revised EPA Model Lead Curricula, Annual Conference of the Environmental Information Association, 23 March 1998, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Ainslie, V.H., Lewallyn, R.J., Tschirhart, R.E., Lead Immobilization in Sandblasted PaintÑA Case Study of New Technology, Proceedings of the 1998 Industrial Pollution Control Conference & Exposition, Atlanta, 25 March 1998.
- Ainslie, V.H. and W. Friedman (1995) Lead; Requirements for Lead-based Paint Activities. Compliance Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 2, January/February 1995, pp 6-8.
- Hays, S.M. and V.H. Ainslie (1994) Protective Clothing is Critical For Asbestos Abatement. Safety & Protective Fabrics, Vol. 3, No. 1, February 1994, pp 26-28.
- Ainslie, V.H. and S.M. Hays (1991) Protective Clothing in the Asbestos and Lead Abatement Industries, presented at the Industrial Fabric Association International Annual Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, October 20, 1991.
- Ainslie, V.H. (1991) Minimizing Environmental Risks, moderator of seminar presented at the National Asbestos Council's Annual Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 19, 1991.
- Hays, S.M. and V.H. Ainslie (1990) Airborne Levels During Non-friable Asbestos-Containing Material (ACM) Removal presented at the National Asbestos Council's Fall Technical Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, September 10, 1990.
- Ainslie, V.H., T.J. Broido and C.L. Stewart (1990) Status of Asbestos Regulations in the State of Arizona, presented at the National Asbestos Council's Fall Technical Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, September 10, 1990.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (1990) Managing Asbestos In Place, A Building Owner's Guide To Operations And Maintenance Programs For Asbestos-Containing Materials, contributing editor, US EPA, Office of Pesticides and Toxic Substances (TS-799), 20T-2003, July 1990.
Electron Microscopy Society of America, 1982-1992
Environmental Information Association, 1988-present
- Vice-President, 1994-1995
- Member, Board of Directors, 1993-1996
- Editorial Review Board, Journal, 1989-1994
Georgia Chapter of the Environmental Information Association, 1994-present
- Secretary, 1998-1999
- Member, Board of Directors, 1996-1998 and 2000
Georgia Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Advisory Committee, 1993-present
National Institute of Building Sciences, 1989-present
- Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Committee, Work Practices Manual Review, 1991-1993
- Lead Operations and Maintenance Committee, Work Practices Subcommittee, 1994-1995
- Lead Guide Specifications Committee, 1994-1995
National University Continuing Education Association, 1991-1993
Division of Environmental Health & Safety Programs
- Membership Committee, Chairperson, 1992-1993